MT SINAI CONGREGATION
The Confirmation of Alex Bluestein, Noah Gordon, Sylvia Rothweiler, and Kayli Tate will be held on Friday evening, June 5th, at 7:30 pm.
Donna Stapleton Bat Mitzvah Anniversary
Please join Donna Stapleton as she celebrates becoming a Bat Mitzvah on the 46th Anniversary of her 13th birthday. Shabbat morning, June 6, 2015 at 10am. Luncheon to follow.
Everyone is welcome.
JULY SERVICE & BBQ POTLUCK
Friday, July 10 at 6:15 pm
Join us for a BBQ Potluck dinner on Friday, July 10th, starting at 6:15 pm, followed by a Shabbat service.
Hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers and lemonade will be provided. A small contribution of $3/person would be appreciated to cover the cost of these items. We ask that you please bring a salad, side dish, and/or dessert to share.
AUGUST SHABBAT SERVICE & POTLUCK KIDDISH BRUNCH
Saturday, August 8 at 10am
Join us for a Shabbat service and Torah Study followed by a Kiddish Brunch Potluck on Saturday, August 8th, starting at 10:00am at the Schmeeckle Reserve, 2419 Northpoint Drive, Stevens Point in the meeting room.
RABBI’S DISCRETIONARY FUND
- Mitch & Jessie Musicant, in memory of Marsha and Steve Shopsis
- Jeanine & Ed Semon, in honor of Ben Semon’s Yahrzeit.
- Rachel Tate, in appreciation of Rabbi Dan and the Temple for Alexis’ Bat Mitzvah.
LIBRARY BOOK DONATION
- Dan Ronis and Nancy Lease, for the donation of Jacob’s Legacy Book: A Genetic View of Jewish History to the Mt. Sinai Library.
- David and Linda Bluestein, in honor of Art and Jeannie Waldman’s new grandson, Oliver Waldman.
COFFMAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND
- Jeff and Barb Rothweiler, in appreciation of Art Waldman.
SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP FUND
- Phil Albert and Margo Quinn
- Jeff and Barb Rothweiler, in appreciation of Rabbi Dan
►MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY INFO◄
Work has begun on the 2015-16 membership directory. We only print the information you provide us, so please look at your listing from this year and notify Kellie of any changes you wish to make.
MAZEL TOV !
Anna Andersen who graduated from Macalester College in St. Paul, MN.
Maggie Weiser and Ken Stevenson are the proud parents of Frances Isabel Stevenson, born on April 22, 2015. Grandparents are Larry and Julia Weiser.
Jake and Christy Albert are the proud parents of Hudson, born on May 15th. Grandparents are Phil Albert and Margo Quinn.
To: Ed and Faye Miller and Larry and Julia Weiser, for hosting the Kiddish on April 25th.
To: Rachel Tate and Joyce Louis, for hosting Kiddish in honor of Alexis’ Bat Mitzvah on May 2nd.
To: Jeff and Barb Rothweiler, for hosting Kiddish in honor of Emma’s Bat Mitzvah on May 9th.
To: Beth Klaips and Janet Fagan, for hosting Kiddish in honor of Damien’s Bar Mitzvah on May 16th.
To: Andrea Steinberg, for her first year as religious school administrator.
To: Marsha Stella and Rachel Tate, for their work with Andrea Steinberg in keeping the religious school running smoothly.
To our religious school teachers: Melissa Trevino, Bill Duessing, Jessie Musicant, Tara Woolpy, Joyce Louis, Debbie Ginsburg, Jerry Goldberg, and Rabbi Danson.
To our Hebrew teachers: Shanny Luft and Jeff Resnick.
If anyone has inadvertently been omitted, please accept our apologies. We try very hard to get all the names at every event.
MT. SINAI SISTERHOOD
Sisterhood Upcoming Events for June & July:
Wed, June 17th & July 15th
Join the Sisterhood on
Saturday, August 29th
Amherst Quilt, Craft, & Furniture Auction at the Amherst Fairgrounds
A fun day to bid for unique items and Amish donuts that alone are worth the schlep!
- Viewing quilts 7:00 to 9:00 am
- Craft Auction starts at 8:00 am along with flowers.
- Quilt auction starts at 9:00 am in separate tent.
- Furniture starts at 12:00 noon along with quilts
There is also flea market and Amish baked goods sale. Bring a chair. Held under a tent rain or shine.
More details to follow soon on the Sisterhood Facebook Page.
Questions about the auction – Contact – Julee Duessing
Mah Jongg Fun-raiser –
The 23rd Portage County Cultural Festival:
Mt. Sinai had a very successful day at the Portage County Cultural Festival on May 9. Our exhibit table was incredibly busy stamping passports, spinning dreidels, and representing the Jewish community for the approximately 10,000 visitors. Many thanks to the following volunteers that helped from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.: Gail and Bill Skelton, Julia and Larry Weiser, Len and Leslie Markman, Shanny, Simon, and Ellie Luft. Also, thanks to Mt. Sinai members and friends that visited our exhibit during the day: Ruth Marx, Aaron and Heidi Marx, Amy Gervasio, Aaron and Camille Kadoch, Elizabeth Levine, Bill and Eliana Duessing, Linda Glazner. Next year's cultural festival is on May 7, 2016.
Although it is not our purpose to sell dreidels, we did have revenue of $66 (Two for $1). That will cover some expenses for duplication and any cost of the exhibit table.
Special thanks to Rabbi Dan for transporting Judaica items.
For those of you who were not able to join us at the Annual Meeting, below is a summary:
- Please welcome our new Board members-
Ruth Marx is Treasurer, Marian Greenburg and Shanny Luft are Trustees
- The Technology Committee researched and presented a solution to the Board to implement video conferencing for meetings, educational opportunities, and tutoring. This information was shared at the Annual Meeting. The final presentation was made at the May 13 Board Meeting. A motion was made to accept and was passed. We are working on having the system in place and key personal training completed before winter. Key personnel would then train and support smaller groups of people.
- Budget deficit- Mt. Sinai Congregation continues to accomplish what we accomplish on a very lean budget. With that said, we will still have a budget short fall estimated at about $20,000. In years past, we have been blessed with the generosity of donations and gifts. As wonderful as that has been, we cannot build a budget counting on those gifts.
~ Dues - Mt. Sinai will be increasing annual dues by 3%. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
~ Mt. Sinai will be looking for long term and short term opportunities for fund raising. The fund raiser at Noodles, sponsored by the Mt. Sinai Sisterhood, had a great turn out. The Sisterhood was able to donate those funds back to Mt. Sinai. Let us know if you have any ideas that you want to share.
- We have new Board members and all of our committees could use another person to offer ideas and energy. How about you?
Contact Information: www.mtsinaiwisconsin.org Office: 715-675-2560
Summer Office Hours: Tues, Wed, & Thurs 9am to 2pm
Please call ahead to be sure someone is in the office!